Benjamin Franklin said in 1736, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” This has become quite a good saying to represent the importance of preventative care. It is far easier to prevent disease and pollution than it is to reverse the effects of it. The same is definitely true in regards to tooth decay and periodontal disease. Summer Creek Dental wants you to be in the know when it comes to dental healthcare. Contact us today if you have any questions regarding your dental health or to schedule an appointment with us right away.
Your daily regiment will reflect on the health of your teeth and gums. To be healthy for as long as you can, you must keep up with your oral health. Many other health problems can arise if you fail to do this. Gum disease has been linked to early heart problems, headaches, sleep apnea, and many more health concerns. Bad breathe is not the only thing you have to worry about when you forget to brush your teeth, emotional and physical issues are known to occur, such as depression and much more.
Dental Health – Prevention
Your oral health affects your overall health and well-being, so be sure to follow these simple steps to good oral hygiene.
- Brushing your teeth after every meal is vital in removing tartar and plaque build-up.
- Flossing and rinsing every day to remove bacteria from in between your teeth.
- Using antiseptic mouthwash once a day kills bacteria that causes plaque.
- Be aware of your diet, too much sugar will cause tooth decay.
- Avoid sugary drinks and dark sodas like the plague.
- Regular tap water contains fluoride to aid with oral health.
- Visit the dentist twice a year for professional teeth cleaning.
By taking your dental health prevention seriously, you will see immediate benefits and avoid potential problems later in life.
Dental Health – Treatment
Even with all the preventative care in the world, you will still eventually have some sort of dental problem or cavity arise at some point in your life. That is why we are here to help you through it. Summer Creek Dental wants to get you back to your best self with our dental care services.
If you need to speak with someone today please feel free to call now, otherwise, you can contact us to schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience. Don’t go another day dealing with tooth pain or chronic bad breath. Call Summer Creek Dental today!